The Erasmus Without Paper Network
The Erasmus Without Paper (EWP) Network is an integrated communication network (a kind of student data internet), supporting the exchange of student data in an electronic format. The network architecture, security protocols and APIs supporting data transfer between Student Information Systems of Higher Education Institutions are fully specified and publicly available in GitHub (see the developers web page https://developers.erasmuswithoutpaper.eu).
University of Warsaw, as one of the partners in the EWP consortium, has implemented the EWP server and the EWP client, as part of the University Study-Oriented System (USOS). The developed software is freely available to all HEIs from the MUCI consortium - users of USOS. University of Warsaw is the first HEI in Poland which deployed the EWP connector in the production EWP Network (see https://registry.erasmuswithoutpaper.eu). EWP software is available in USOS starting from distribution 6.5.0. HEIs which would like to join the Network in development or production environment should contact us by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
University of Warsaw is fully committed to the idea of electronic exchange of mobility data and encourages his partners in mobility to join the EWP community and switch from paper to electronic world. The European Commission officially announced that the use of EWP will become obligatory starting with the next Erasmus programme in 2021.
MUCI will continue further software development to make it fully compliant with the needs and requirements of the IRO staff.
MUCI will offer all kind of support (mailing lists, documentation, workshops, best practices etc.) to HEIs wishing to join the EWP community.
If you want to get more information about EWP in USOS, follow these links:
- MUCI - International cooperation
- Erasmus Without Paper Network — from development to production, Janina Mincer-Daszkiewicz. EUNIS 2019, The 25th International Conference of European University Information Systems, 5-7 June 2019, Trondheim, Norway.
- What is Erasmus Without Paper and why it matters? Janina Mincer-Daszkiewicz, Pre Conference workshop on Student Mobility: Progress Made and Challenges to Beat, 4 June 2019, Trondheim, Norway. Conference slides.
- EWP Launch Conference, 12-13 December 2018, Ghent (Belgium). Video showing some EWP scenarios (USOS is shown from 2:11:00 to 3:06:00).
- EWP anatomy - an in-depth look at its architecture, Janina Mincer-Daszkiewicz. Conference slides (with some slides showing USOS).
- Mobility scenarios supported by the Erasmus Without Paper Network, Janina Mincer-Daszkiewicz. EUNIS 2018, The 24th International Conference of European University Information Systems, 5-8 June 2018, Paris, France.
EWP 2.0 project is co-funded by the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union under the grant 590192-EPP-1-2017-1-LU-EPPKA3-PI-FORWARD. It is also co-financed by the Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education from the funds allocated in the years 2018-2019 for science, granted to international co-financed projects.